Etheridge and Ellis are recorded at 10 The Market Place, Norwich from 1830 to 1867, although they advertised as being established in 1769. An 1867 billhead offered services as gold and silversmiths, electro platers and gilders, heraldic engravers, as well as being importers of French clocks, jet and hair workers and opticians.
The number on the clock movement suggests it was almost certainly supplied by Thwaites & Reed. The partnership made high quality movements for a number of makers. According to their numbering sequence No. 6911 should date to approximately 1823.