Related to a painting by Tiepolo of the same title installed in 1758 in the fourth altar on the right in the church of La Maddalena, Parma (now Parma, Galleria Nazionale; A. Morassi, A complete catalogue of the paintings of G.B. Tiepolo, London, 1962, p. 44, fig. 120). Other preparatory drawings showing an earlier stage of the compositional process, are in the Albertina and the Hermitage (G. Knox, 'Piazzetta, Pittoni and Tiepolo at Parma', Arte Veneta, 39, 1986, p. 115, fig. 10).