These drawings were for the windows of Madison Square Presbyterian Church in New York City. The church was designed in 1906 by Stanford White, of the noted architectural firm, McKim, Mead & White, just prior to his scandalous murder. The lush ornament of the classical architecture was complemented by an interior scheme by Tiffany Studios, who provided the pews, altar furniture and windows. The New York Times reported on October 14, 1906 (page 9): "To Louis Tiffany, a member of the building committee, is largely due the beauty of the interior decorations. The memorial windows, which are composed of three large medallions surrounded by small medallions, and of exquisite coloring, are of his design."
With the rapid growth of the surrounding area, the Madison Square Church was torn down in 1919. The windows from the church, however, were salvaged and now form part of the decoration of the Mission Inn in Riverside, California.