The Maison Krieger was established in 1826 by Antoine Krieger and his brother Nicolas, with premises at 17, rue Saint-Nicolas, Paris. Changing address several times, the firm became known as Antoine Krieger & Cie in 1850 and moved to 76, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Antoine in 1853. On Krieger's death in 1856, the company passed to his sons-in-law and became Cosse-Racault et Cie. Finally, after further name changes, it became Damon & Cie circa 1880, and moved to 74, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Antoine. The company produced and exhibited furniture in many styles, both copying and creating modern interpretations of eighteenth century and Empire designs.