The highly prolific firm of Maison Krieger was established in 1826 by Antoine Krieger and his brother Nicolas, with premises at 17, rue Saint-Nicolas, Paris. Though changing address several times, the atelier became known as Antoine Krieger & Cie in 1850 and moved to 76, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Antoine in 1853. Krieger was succeeded by his sons upon his death in 1856 and continued the business under the name of Cosse-Racault & Cie. Ultimately, the firm became known as Damon & Cie circa 1880, and moved to 74, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Antoine. The company produced and exhibited furniture in many styles, both copying and creating modern interpretations of 18th century and Empire designs.