This chandelier with distinctive arm pattern, with double-curved candle-arm and scalloped nozzle is related to the oeuvre of Messrs. Parker and Perry (M. Mortimer, The English Glass Chandelier, Woodbridge, 2000, p. 19, pls.10, 48 and 53-55). Founded by William Parker (d. 1784), the business flourished becoming Parker and Perry in 1802-3, and in 1817 his son finally entered into a formal partnership with the Perry family (they eventually became Perry & Co. in 1820). Messrs. Parker and Perry enjoyed the patronage of King and Court, ranging from George, Prince of Wales to William Beckford; indeed in George Perry's own words of 1835 he boasted 'We trust that our having made the greater part of the lustres for the late King, and our being now employed in making those for the new Palace of his present Majesty [William IV], will be some guarantee for the character of our Manufacture'. Amongst the best documented Parker commissions is that of the Dukes of Devonshire for both Chatsworth, circa 1782-3, and Devonshire House, London in the 1820's and 1830's.
A comparable chandelier is in the Winterthur Museum (ibid., pls. 10-11). A further example, reputedly made for the Russian market and also subsequently bought by Nancy Lancaster for Ditchley Park, was sold by the Administrators of Polly Peck International, Phillips London, 12 February 1991, lot 137 (£126,500) and another was sold anonymously, '50 Years of Collecting: The Decorative Arts of Georgian England', Christie's, London, 10 May 2003, lot 261 (£106,050).