The pembroke table displays an Etruscan-black banded top quarter-veneered with rays springing from a palmette and sunflower medallion that is displayed within a husk-festooned and lozenged mosaic compartment. Similar husk-festooned medallions embellish its flaps and more flowered paterae embellish the hermed legs which are inlaid with trompe l'oeil flutes. The table shares a number of features with the 'Minerva' commode supplied by Thomas Chippendale in 1773 to Harewood House, Yorkshire (see C. Gilbert, The Life and Work of Thomas Chippendale, vol. II, London, 1978, fig.232). Its 'Etruscan'-ring patterned handle features on other Chippendale furniture including a table supplied to Paxton House in 1774 (ibid, fig. 398).