The firm of Seddon at Aldersgate Street, London, was the largest furniture-making firm at the end of the eighteenth century, although few pieces are labelled or documented. The firm was established by George Seddon (d.1804) in about 1750. He was joined by his sons in 1785 and his son-in-law Thomas Shackleton in 1790-95. George Seddon II joined into partnership with Nicholas Morel in 1827 working largely for the Royal family (G. Beard and C. Gilbert, eds., Dictionary of English Furniture Makers 1660-1840, 1986, pp. 793-798).