The hall bench is designed in the high Regency style associated with furniture supplied around 1816 for Tew Park, Great Tew. Matthew Robinson Boulton's purchase of the Oxfordshire estate of Tew in 1815 was followed by the appointment of the Tenterden Street cabinet-maker and upholsterer, George Bullock (1778-1818) who had previously opened 'Grecian Rooms' in both Liverpool and London's Piccadilly. He had recently executed the prestigious commission to furnish the St. Helena residence granted by George, Prince Regent to the defeated Emperor Napoleon. Bullock completely re-furnished much of the old house with furniture in the fashionable Grecian style, patriotically made of British oak and holly (a hallmark of Bullock's style), and upholstery done in bold Regency colours. The house sale at Tew Park was held by Christie's, 27-29 May 1987.