Georges Jacob, maître in 1765.
Jacob established his workshop initially in the rue du Cléry, and from around 1755 in the rue Meslée, becoming the most widely-known and prolific menuisier of the period. From 1773 he supplied the Garde-Meuble de la Couronne, for both the King and Marie-Antoinette, and other principle members of the Royal family. In particular he supplied work for Fontainebleau, Versailles and Saint-Cloud. After the Revolution his style developed towards the neo-classical and Empire, joining his sons in business as Jacob Frères.