Both of these mirrors have the trade label of James Del Vecchio and his son, James. The Del Vecchios were carvers, gilders, looking glass sellers and composition ornament manufacturers and are recorded at 26 Westmorland Street, Dublin between 1806 and 1846. The family originally hailed from Maltrasio in Italy. A pier glass and console with James Jnr's label is illustrated in The Knight of Glin and J. Peill, Irish Furniture, New Haven and London, 2007, p. 194, fig. 260.