These etageres were presumably supplied to Du Pre, 2nd Earl of Caledon K.P. (1777-1839) and his wife Catherine (d.1863), daughter of Philip, 3rd Earl of Hardwicke (1757-1834), following their marriage in 1811. Lord Caledon was one of the Irish Representative Peers and was both His Majesty's Lieutenant in co. Tyrone and Colonel of the Tyrone Militia. He was appointed the first Governor of the Cape of Good Hope when it was ceded to Britain in 1806. These etageres were acquired in the London trade by the Knight of Glin in the 1970s; they may well have been included in Ralph Pay & Ransom's House Sale at Tyttenhanger, 27-29 June 1972.