Claude-Charles Saunier, maître in 1752.
Descending from a family of ébénistes, Saunier was accepted into the community and the workshop of his father, Jean-Charles, in 1757. Located in the Rue Faubourg Saint-Antoine, the premises had originally been occupied by his grandfather, Charles. Upon his succession to his father's workshop in 1765, Claude-Charles registered his letters patent and continued the business. He briefly continued to adopt the Louis XV style and then rapidly adopted the neo-classic designs of the Transitional and Louis XVI periods that he appears to have favored, and for which he is now renowned.