William Cribb, carver and gilder, was established at 34 King St, Covent Garden from 1820- 61. He also traded as a picture and print dealer and publisher, and as a furniture-maker, suppling a series of tables to the Duke of Devonshire for Chatsworth in 1834, one of which is illustrated in C. Gilbert, Pictorial Dictionary of Marked London Furniture 1700 - 1840, Leeds, 1996, p. 165, fig. 259. On the basis of this group of furniture it has been suggested that Robert and William Cribb were the principal manufacturers of 'Kentian Revival' furniture in the 19th Century (Geoffrey Beard, 'Kentian Furniture by James Richards and others', Apollo, vol. 157, January 2003, pp. 37-41).