Hindley and Sons, had their premises at 134 Oxford Street, from 1820-1830. Several pieces bearing this stamp, from Tew Park, Great Tew, Oxfordshire, were sold from the collection of The late Major Eustace Robb, Christie's house sale, 27-29 May 1987, including lots 214, a Victorian satin-birch armchair and lot 1108 a Victorian mahogany wardrobe. The activities of the firm, who were active from 1817-1892, are discussed in L. Microulis, 'Charles Hindley & Sons, London House Furnishers of the Nineteenth Century', The Bard Studies in the Decorative Arts, vol. 5, no. 2, 1998, pp. 69-96.