A piano of this design was shown by Norman and Stacey Ltd at the Officers' Ideal Quarters Exhibition, Earl's Court, London in 1901. The brochure for the exhibition states:
"Furniture, some of the Electric Fittings and Mantlepieces by Mr Harry Napper". The piano was in the boudoir and is described as:
"by Messrs Keith, Prowse for Messrs Norman and Stacey, who have sole right of reproductions".
Hugh Philpott, 'The Piano Aesthetically Considered', The Artist 1901, p. 187 (similar design illustrated).
Christie's wish to thank the Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture, Middlesex University for assistance with this lot.