Property of an English collector acquired prior to 1985
Post Lot Text
C.f. Princely Magnificence, Court Jewels of the Renaissance 1500-1630, exh.cat Victoria & Albert Museum 1980-1981, no 107 p.80 for similar pendant, also J.Kugel, Joyaux Renaissance, Une Splendeur Retrouvèe, A.Kugel, no. 63.
This pendant was probably made in the mid part of the 17th century possibly at the workshops at Saragossa and held in the Treasury of the of the Cathedral of the Virgin of the Pillar.