No VAT will be charged on the hammer price, but VAT payable at 19.6% (5.5% for books) will be added to the buyer’s premium which is invoiced on a VAT inclusive basis
Arthur, 2nd duc de Wellington (1807-1884).
Londres, S. J. Phillips, The Wellington Gems, Catalogue d'exposition de la collection du 2nd Duc de Wellington (1807-1884), juin 1977, nos. 276, 263, 269, 267, 273, 264, 268.
Post Lot Text
A GROUP OF SEVEN OVAL CAMEO PORTRAITS OF MEN
16TH TO 18TH CENTURIES
1. An onyx cameo bust of an Emperor, 17th century, in oval silver-gilt mount
2. An onyx cameo head of Alexander the Great, 18th century, in oval gold mount
3. An onyx cameo head of a youth with short curly hair, 16th century, in oval gilt-metal mount
4. An agate cameo bust of the Emperor Hadrian, 17th century, in oval gold mount
5. An agate cameo head of a Roman youth, 18th century, in oval gold mount
6. A sardonyx bust of a youth, in oval gilt-metal mount
7. An agate head of a Hellenistic prince wearing diadem, 18th century, in gilt-metal mount
All applied to an octagonal variegated marble ground within a later rectangular moulded ebony frame with hardstone panels