The composite auxiliary screw schooner Rosabelle was designed by Cox & King of London and built by Ramage & Ferguson at Leith in 1897. Registered at 292 tons gross (143 net & 439 Thames), she measured 147 feet in length with a 26 foot beam and was engined by her builders. Owned from new by Mr. Theodore Pim of Martens Grove, Crayford, Kent, he berthed her in Colchester and kept her until replacing her with a larger steam yacht - also named Rosabelle - in 1901. The original Rosabelle then passed briefly into the hands of Richard Ramage, a partner in the firm which had built her, before being resold and successively renamed Sicilian and then Schievàn, By 1914, she was owned by Captain F.L. de Sales La Terriére and although she does not appear to have been taken up by the authorities in the Great War, she was hired in November 1939 and purchased outright in April 1942 for use as a degaussing vessel [to demagnetise ships passing through waters sown with magnetic mines]. After the Second World War, Schievàn was given to the Norwegian Navy and disappears from record thereafter.