The artist studio, Hilversum; his sale, Frederik Muller & Cie., Amsterdam, 1 December 1891, lot 16, where acquired by the family of the present owner (Dfl. 225).
Please note that in the late 19th Century the Brouwersgracht received it’s name due to the many breweries which were located in this street, the official name of the street is the Bakenessergracht.
Willem Laanstra, H. C. de Bruijn, Dr. J. H. A. Ringeling, Cornelis Springer (1817-1891), Utrecht, 1984, p. 213, no. 90-1.
Amsterdam, Kunsthandel Frans Jacobs, Cornelis Springer: Geschilderde steden, July 1994.