Dean Dr. Johann Georg Martin von Dursch; his deceased sale, Rottweil am Neckar, 4 July 1881, lot 23, where acquired by Dr. Paul Anselm Franz Beck (1845-1915) together with the other two rosaries; thence by descent to the present family.
Cologne, Erzbischöfliches Diözesan-Museum, 500 Jahre Rosenkranz, 1475 Köln 1975, 25 October 1975-15 January 1976, no. A4.
Freising, Diözesanmuseum, Vera Icon, 21 May-28 September 1987, p.116, no. IX. 17, as School of the Upper Rhine and stylistically related to the work of Gabriel Mäleskircher and Sigmund Hueter.