This barge was launched in 1732 for George II's and Queen Caroline's eldest son, Frederick Prince of Wales, who used her until his death in 1751. The barge was used as a royal barge by succeeding monarchs until 1849. Her final voyage was during the opening of the Coal Exchange on 30th October 1849. Queen Victoria was unwell at Windsor, but Prince Albert with the Prince of Wales and Princess Royal embarked at Whitehall Stair soon after noon. Prince Frederick's Barge is now on show at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich.