Barbara Cottle Galleries, Chicago.
Acquired from the above the family of the present owner, circa 1980.
Please note this work was conceived and cast in 1968.
The Fondazione de Chirico has confirmed the authenticity of this sculpture and have recorded it in their archives under the number 0034/10/08.
C. Bruni Sakraischik, Catalogo Generale Giorgio de Chirico, opere dal 1951 al 1971***, Milan, 1972, vol. II, no. 283 (another cast illustrated).
G. dalla Chiesa, De Chirico Scultore, Milan, 1988, p. 106, no. 12 (another cast illustrated, p. 65).