With Uhrenmuseum Glashütte certificate dated 10 March 2005 and copies from the registers confirming the manufacture of the present watch and its sale to Fa. Robert Pleissner, Dresden, on 30 January 1896 for the amount of 815 Marks. It furthermore confirms that this watch is listed in their salebooks to be fitted with the present Professor Graff style case.
A. Lange & Söhne, Glashütte bei Dresden, founded in 1845 by Ferdinand Adolf Lange, produced a large variety of different cases but the so-called Professor Graff cases were the most elaborate and expensive version. The decoration of these cases was designed by Professor Carl Ludwig Graff (1844-1906), Privy Councillor to the Court, Director of the Royal Arts and Crafts Museum for Saxony, becoming Professor in 1879. The designs were mostly inspired from Renaissance architecture (arches with floral patterns) and literature (courting birds, ram's heads, cornucopia with fruits, ribbons, wine leaves).