Audemars Piguet's archives confirm the present watch was manufactured and sold through its exclusive New York distributors, Metric Watch Co in 1927 to Cartier. The purchase price at the time was approximately 3800 Swiss Francs.
Audemars Piguet produced approximately thirty five minute repeating watches from 1906 through the 1920's.
For examples of similar wristwatches produced by Audemars Piguet, see Brunner Pfeiffer-Belli and Wehrli, Audemars Piguet, pp.254-262.
Since its first appearance at public auction in 1991, the present watch has remained in the same private collection. Seldom used at all through its life it is preserved in wonderful original condition showing very little signs of any polishing to the case which is full and retains its original proportions reflected by the incredibly sharp edges.