With photocopy of a fax from Audemars Piguet confirming that this watch is probably part of 4 pieces sold to Messrs. Gübelin between 1923 and 1925, numbered 13'927 to 13'930. production of the present watch in 1923 and its sale to E. Gübelin in February 1924 for the amount of Swiss Francs 3,300.
A similar watch bearing the preceding number 13'927 is described and illustrated in Audemars Piguet by Gisbert L. Brunner, Christian Pfeiffer-Belli, Martin K. Wehrli, first edition, pp. 154 & 155, pl. 133 a & b.
This very fine watch features the Greek meander pattern on the bezels and the bow, typical for Audemars Piguet's celebrated triple complications from the period.
E. Gübelin was founded in 1854 and has always been a family enterprise. Located in Lucerne, Switzerland, the renowned company has been manufacturing and retailing superior quality watches and clocks ever since. One of Audemars Piguet's most important clients in the first quarter of the 20th century, watches supplied to them were bearing exclusively the Gübelin signature. This at the time common practice had been agreed by contract, stipulating the omitting of Audemars Piguet's signature, with the exception of the serial numbers.