• Christies auction house James Christie logo

    Sale 7806

    Lord St. Helens and Sir William FitzHerbert The Collections of a Diplomat and a Courtier

    22 January 2009, London, King Street

  • Lot 504

    BREGUET. A FINE AND LARGE 18K PINK GOLD A TOC HALF QUARTER REPEATING OPENFACE RUBY CYLINDER WATCH

    SIGNED BREGUET NO.993, CASE NOS. B993 AND 1792

    Price Realised  

    Estimate

    BREGUET. A FINE AND LARGE 18K PINK GOLD A TOC HALF QUARTER REPEATING OPENFACE RUBY CYLINDER WATCH
    SIGNED BREGUET NO.993, CASE NOS. B993 AND 1792
    With gilt-finished ruby cylinder movement, plain three arm brass balance with parachute on the top pivot, blued-steel flat balance spring with bimetallic compensation curb on the regulator, a toc quarter repeating on one polished steel hammer onto case, gold cuvette, white enamel dial with Breguet numerals, secret signature No.993 Breguet under 12, blued-steel Breguet hands, eccentric subsidiary seconds to 4 o'clock, in circular engine-turned case with ribbed band, pull-twist repeating through the pendant, together with a ratchet key, case numbered B 993 and 1792, stamped with casemaker's mark PBT in a lozenge for Pierre Benjamin Tavernier, cuvette signed and numbered, dial signed Breguet
    56 mm. diameter


    Contact Client Service
    • info@christies.com

    • New York +1 212 636 2000

    • London +44 (0)20 7839 9060

    • Hong Kong +852 2760 1766

    • Shanghai +86 21 6355 1766

    According to the archives of Montres Breguet, the present watch was sold to Mr Recordon, London, on 27th Fructidor, ans 10 (between 19 August and 16 September 1802) for 1,500 Francs. Mr. Recordon was Breguet's agent in London.

    We are extremely grateful to Monsieur Emmanuel Breguet for his assistance in researching this lot.

    Special Notice

    No VAT will be charged on the hammer price, but VAT at 15% will be added to the buyer's premium which is invoiced on a VAT inclusive basis.


    Provenance

    Sold to Mr Recordon, London, on 27th Fructidor, ans 10 (between 19 August and 16 September 1802) for 1,500 Francs.