According to the Archives of Montres Breguet, the present watch was sold on 3 December 1965 to Mr. de Ruggiero for the sum of 2,250 Francs – a huge amount of money at the time.
Very few of these highly luxurious wristwatches made from the late 1930s to the late 1960s have appeared at auction. The design is wonderful classic old-school Breguet, recapturing the elegance and principal characteristics of the company’s heritage – the heavy case with fluted band, exquisite guilloché silver dial and Breguet hands. Originally supplied with gold hands, the actual owner preferred the contrast of blued steel and had the present hands fitted.
A similar watch is illustrated in Breguet, Watchmakers Since 1775, Emmanuel Breguet, 1997, p. 321.