For a group illustration showing also the present watch and its initials CTB JR see Le Temps de Cartier by Jader Barracca, Giampiero Negretti, Franco Nencini, p. 190.
The éclipse or shutter watch was designed by Edmond Jaeger for Cartier in the early 1910s, the first patent (no. 412'821) was issued in 1910, the second for a modified version with two dials (no. 16'918) in 1913.
For an illustration of Jaeger's drawings and the two versions of such éclipse or shutter watches see The Cartier Collection - Timepieces, Editions Flammarion, p. 162 and pp. 164 & 165.