Based on the coat-of-arms on the cuvette of the present watch, the emblem of the Chernigov Governate, it can be assumed that it was the property of Hryhorii Myloradovych (Chernihiv, 1839-1905), historian, genealogist and Russian count from 1873.
A member of the Myloradovych family of Serbian descent, he was educated at the Page Corps in Saint Petersburg, served as an officer in a guard regiment and fought in the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-8. In 1890 he was promoted to the rank of lieutenant general and was elected marshal of the nobility in Chernihiv gubernia (until 1896). In 1898 he became a member of the Council of the Ministry of Agriculture and State Property.
Chernihiv gubernia, an administrative territorial unit in the historical Left-Bank Ukraine region of the Russian Empire, was created in 1802, its centre the city of Chernihiv.
Henri Robert Ekegren (1823-1896)
The renowned Danish clockmaker and chronometer maker and watchmaker to the King of Denmark worked for Urban Jürgensen, Henry Golay, Joseph-Thaddeus Winnerl and Adolph Lange before setting up his own business in Geneva.
Ekegren was gold medallist in several Universal Exhibitions and won the Genevan chronometry competition on multiple occasions.