The following two lots, 364 and 365, were made by the renowned firm Ed. Koehn in Geneva, often signing their watches "H.R. Ekegren".
Henri Robert Ekegren (1823-1896) was a renowned Danish watch, clock and chronometer maker and watchmaker to the King of Denmark. He worked for Urban Jürgensen, Henry Golay, Joseph-Thaddeus Winnerl and Adolph Lange before setting up his own business in Geneva. In 1857, Ekegren founded together with Ferdinand Westermann a factory specializing in the production of chronometers which was sold to Edouard Koehn in 1891.
Edouard Koehn or Ed. Koehn (1839-1908) started his horological career in the workshops of Patek Philippe as a watchmaker. In 1891 Koehn took over H.R. Ekegren, keeping the company's name and the founder as chief engineer until the latter's death in 1896. The firm, as of 1908 managed by Koehn's son Edouard, specialized in the production of flat or extra flat watches and complications and the improvement of the retrograde display mechanism. It appears that the company was dissolved in the mid 1930s.