A similar watch is illustrated in Classification of the Swiss Watch Movements and Watchmaterials, p. 114 (relevant photocopy will be delivered with the watch).
The present wristwatch is a fine example of an early military chronograph wristwatch, standing out by its excellent overall condition.
Founded in 1858 by Charles-Yvan Robert and Hyppolite Robert of Villeret, what would eventually become the Minerva Watch brand in 1887 was initially a "tablisseurs" of watches, an assembler of watches from parts manufactured elsewhere. It wasn't until 1902, under the leadership of C. Robert's sons, Charles-Auguste and Georges-Louis, that Minerva became a watch manufacturer with own engineering workshops.
The earliest Minerva wristwatch was made in 1909, but the watch company's greatest success came in 1923 with the introduction of the No. 20, a calibre that perfectly illustrates the classic and refined architecture of wrist chronographs of that era, with a column-wheel mechanism, a Breguet balance-spring and 17 jewels. With the launch of this watch, the company earned its reputation as a manufacturer of complicated movements of exceptional quality.