According to the Archives of Montres Omega, the present watch was delivered to the Swiss market on 22 August 1941. The model is illustrated in Omega - A Journey Through Time by Marco Richon, p. 536, pl. 8175, and furthermore on permanent exhibition in Omega's prestigious museum in Bienne, Switzerland.
This watch was formerly the property of the late Henry Anderson who acquired it during his service in World War II and had the case back engraved with his initials. Its particularity, besides the unusual design of the lugs, is the dial, omitting any of the technical scales (tachymetre, telemetre or pulsometre) commonly found on such a watch. Consequently the entire layout could be modified moving the numerals further to the edge and enlarging the subsidiary dials. This results in better readability, both of the fifths seconds on the outer scale and the indications on the subsidiary dials. Interestingly due to the different dial proportions, the watch appears to be larger.