Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch with yellow gold bracelet in 1956 and its subsequent sale on 28 April 1958.
Never been offered at auction before, this watch is believed to be one of only four examples of reference 2540 in yellow gold and furthermore the only one with luminous numerals to appear in public to date. It is furthermore preserved in very good, original overall condition.
Reference 2540 was in production between 1954 and 1960 and was Patek Philippe's first square wristwatch fitted with an automatic movement. The model was also available with mechanical movement calibre 12'''400, ref. 2540/1, such as the present watch, and with automatic calibre 27 SC with sweep centre seconds, ref. 2540/2.