With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1899 and its subsequent sale on 9 October 1900. The Extract furthermore states that an official rating certificate was obtained on 14 February 1900.
This watch has never been offered in public before and is one of the exceedingly rare examples of a minute repeating watch combined with a high precision movement, awarded with a Bulletin d'Observatoire.
It was retailed by Beyer in Zurich, at the time located in the Palais du Crédit at Zurich's renowned Paradeplatz, today the headquarters of Credit Suisse, an international financial service group.
Beyer Chronometrie Zurich
Since its foundation in 1760, the prestigious firm has always been passed down from father to son, each a fully trained watchmaker. Beyer Chronometrie was the first shop in Switzerland specializing exclusively in watches, clocks and jewellery. The firm is currently managed by René Beyer who represents the seventh generation of the Beyer family.
The company also owns the renowned Clock and Watch Museum Beyer Zurich, one of the world's most important horological collections. It comprises some 500 pieces dating from 1400 BC to the present day.