With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1968 and its subsequent sale on 21 May 1968.
This reference 570 is fitted with an additional glazed display snap on back, custom-made by the actual owner, allowing him to admire the state-of-the art movement. To the best of our knowledge it has never been offered in public before.
The large Calatrava model reference 570 was introduced into the market in 1938, featuring either subsidiary or sweep centre seconds. It was available in stainless steel, yellow, pink and white gold and platinum.