Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the movement of the present watch in 1920. It was encased in 1934 and sold on 27 July of the same year. It is believed to be one of only six examples of this reference to appear in public to date.
For an archival image of a similar watch see Patek Philippe Wristwatches by Martin Huber & Alan Banbery, second edition, p. 119, pl. 163.
Reference 139 was launched in 1933 and in production until around 1939. It is the horizontal pendant of reference 137, later replaced by reference 426.