With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1948 and its subsequent sale on June 16th, 1950. Further accompanied by Patek Philippe leather presentation box.
The reference 1415 was introduced in 1939 and remained in production until circa 1954. Its movement was based on the established Patek Philippe in-house calibre 12-120.
Some 115 movements were upgraded for this model with the ingenious, patented world time mechanism, invented by Louis Cottier, the celebrated Geneva watchmaker. The reference 1415 HU (Heure Universelle or World Time) was either cased in yellow or pink gold. Only one example in platinum is known to date.
Until 1948, the reference 1415 HU was only available with a classic metal dial, either silvered or, more exclusively, rose. During the very last years of production, this model was also available but only in limited quantity with a cloisonné enamel dial.
The hand-engraved bezel displayed international cities around the world. While earlier examples of the reference 1415 HU would only list 28 cities, the later generation would account for 41 international locations.
Examples of the reference 1415 HU, both with metal and enamel dials, are illustrated in Patek Philippe Wristwatches, by Martin Huber & Alan Banbery, second edition, pp. 243 - 247.