Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1895 and its subsequent sale on 19 June 1911. Furthermore delivered with a 14K gold pocket knife engraved with the signature Alfred G. Stein, a gold chain and commemorative medal to celebrate the formation of L'Ancienne Manufacture d'Horlogerie PATEK PHILIPPE & Cie. S.A.
At the beginning of the 20th century, Patek Philippe undertook an important legal transformation by creating on February 1, 1901 "L'Ancienne Manufacture d'Horlogerie PATEK PHILIPPE & Cie. S.A." with a capital of 1,6 million Swiss Francs, thus choosing the status of a joint stock company. The board of directors was composed of five of the seven shareholders, A. Bnassy-Philippe, chairman, Jean Perrier, Franois Antoine Conty, Joseph Emile Philippe and Alfred G. Stein.
The latter, an American citizen, was the head of the company's New York branch and in charge of the distribution of Patek Philippe watches in the United States. He kept his positions throughout the takeover of company by Charles and Jean Stern in 1932 and until his death in 1934. The medal accompanying the watch was coined to commemorate the newly created company in 1901 and depicts the portraits of Adrien Philippe and Antoine Norbet de Patek and the names of the five members of the board.
It is signed by Georges Hantz, director of the Decorative Arts Museum in Geneva at the beginning of the 20th century and renowned for his chased and engraved watch cases and moulds for embossing cases and stamping coins or medals.