The present watch is a very well preserved example of Patek Philippe's classical reference 3415. To the best of our knowledge it has never been offered in public before.
Reference 3415 was launched in 1959 and remained in production only for one and a half year before being replaced in 1960 by reference 3429, the only difference being the newer calibre 27-460.
It was made mainly in yellow and pink gold, few examples in platinum, the cases water-resistant-type with screw backs. The calibre 12-600 At movement as used for reference 2526 is the best automatic movement of its time with 30 jewels, Gyromax balance and a massive gold rotor on a ball-bearing system.
Reference 3415 can be regarded as Patek Philippe’s first model of a sober classical watch, the pioneer for the firm’s 1960s and 1970s production of round watches.