This reference 533 was purchased by its actual owner in 1989. During an overhaul in the workshops of Patek Philippe in 1990 the present dial was mounted, distinguished by the rare layout without the railway minute divisions normally found on this type of dial.
The watch is furthermore preserved in very good overall condition.
Reference 533 was introduced into the market in 1937 and is distinguished by the elegant look of its Calatrava case with the typical flat bezel. It was predominantly made in pink and yellow gold.
The model is illustrated in Patek Philippe Museum - Patek Philippe Watches, Vol. II, pp. 265 & 266.