With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch with applied hour markers in 1958 and its subsequent sale on 15 January 1960.
The large Calatrava model reference 570 was introduced into the market in 1938, available with subsidiary or sweep centre seconds and stainless steel, yellow, pink and white gold and platinum cases. The first series was fitted with cal. 12'''120, the second as of 1950 with cal. 12'''400 and the third, launched in 1960, with cal. 27 AM 400.
The present watch is believed to be one of only two examples of a second series reference 570 in stainless steel to have been offered at auction, interestingly both retailed by Hausmann & Co., Patek Philippe's prestigious retailer in Rome.
It impresses by its extremely good condition, preserving the immaculate satin-finish and the sharp lines of the case, not showing any signs of overpolishing.