Introduced into the market in 1928, the legendary "Prince" and its elegant Art Deco case design has ever since been popular amongst aficionados not only of this era. The models, always fitted with rectangular cases of different shapes, were advertised as "The Watch for Men of Distinction".
The strategic placement of the winding and balance wheels to each end allow the use of a larger balance, resulting in a longer autonomy and increased accuracy. It furthermore enabled a dial design with an enlarged subsidiary seconds dial below the hour dial. From this layout derived the designation "doctor's watch" as the larger seconds dial was practical for functions such as the reading of the pulse.
The present watch is from the celebrated reference 1491 series, distinguished by the flared sides and called "Brancard" from the French word "brancard" for "stretcher". It stands out by its excellent, nearly unused overall condition, the charismatic dial and unusual retailer's signature, even stamped on the movement.