Two original photographs of the clematis three-sectioned skylight in situ accompany the lot; one of these photographs was taken by Tiffany Studios, New York.
Harbel Manor was built in 1912 for Harvey S. Firestone, founder of the Firestone Tire and Rubber Company, by Harpster and Bliss of Cleveland, Ohio, one of the finest architectural firms of that era. From 1915 to 1918, Harbel Manor was altered significantly under the design auspices of Towbridge and Ackerman, Architects, of New York, and was decorated by Tiffany Studios. The passage between the dining room and breakfast room, which was fashioned as an arbor of clematis made of glass, typifies Tiffany Studios' ability to incorporate nature in a home environment. Harbel Manor was destroyed in 1959, leaving only a brick fence standing.