These wall-lights are after the celebrated model by Pierre-Philippe Thomire who delivered three pairs in 1787 for the king's gaming room at the château of Saint-Cloud. Today those wall lights are divided between the Louvre and the Petit Trianon. The model remained fashionable into the 19th century and was copied by bronziers such as Beurdeley. Exhibiting at Les Salon des industries du mobilier in 1905, the bronzier Henri Vian is listed at 5, rue de Thorigny as supplying 'bronzes et ferronnerie d'art. Reproduction d'ancien. Grand Decoration'.