This decoration after paintings commissioned by Cardinal Maurice of Savoy (later King of Sardinia) from Francesco Albani (1578-1669) that are now in the Turin Museum. A popular success, the series was published in a number of engravings. See Hervouët and Bruneau, op. cit., p. 318. For similar examples sold in these rooms see Christie's, New York, 23 January 2002, lot 90 and London, 9 May 1994, lot 10.