This model is a rare 19th century example after a lost 18th century original. The 1745 model was the template for the slightly later equestrian group which crowns the monumental large white group which is now in the State Porzellansammlung,Dresden (Inv.-Nr. PE 2528). The monumental group, which is 1.2 metres high, was commissioned in 1751 and presented to the king by the Prime Minister, Count Brühl, in 1753. This in itself was a trial piece for an intended double life-sized monument to the king, which was never completed.