For the arms, see D.S. Howard, Chinese Armorial Porcelain, London, 1974, p.325, where a plate from this service is illustrated, but with a view of the Pearl River in a third panel at the border in place of the crest. The author points out that both versions are found in this service. A plate with the crest at the border is illustrated by Hervouët and Bruneau, La Porcelaine des Compagnies des des Indes à Décor Occidental, Paris, 1986, p. 19, fig. 1.15; another is in the Helena Woolworth McCann Collection at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, illustrated by J. G. Phillips, China-Trade Porcelain, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1956, p. 108, plate 35; and a further example is in the Hodroff Collection, illustrated by D. S. Howard, The Choice of the Private Trader, London, 1994, pp. 56-7, no. 29. For a discussion on the views depicted on these plates, see D. S. Howard op.cit., pp. 48 and 49. Mr. Howard comments that "Fort St. George was the pride of the East India Company in India and was a usual port of call between Plymouth and Canton ... It also explains why these designs are only known on services for the British market."