The arms are those of John Cust, 2nd Baron and 1st Earl Brownlow (1779-1853).
Educated at Eton and Cambridge, John Cust became M.P. for Clitheroe in 1802. In 1807, after the death of his father, Cust succeeded as 2nd Baron Brownlow, and moved to the House of Lords. He served as Lord Lieutenant of Lincolnshire from 1809 until 1852. In 1815, he was created 1st Earl Brownlow.