The arms are usually attributed to those of Pieter de Heere van Holy of Dordrecht (1768-1815), but the style of this service suggests an earlier date. The arms are in any event those of the De Heere family of Middelburg and Dordrecht. For a discussion on the coat-of-arms, and a bowl from this service, see C.J.A. Jörg, op. cit., p. 310, no. 366. Also compare another example in the Hodroff collection, sold Christie's, New York, 23 January 2008, lot 368.